Grandparent Child Care Benefit
What is Grandparent Child Care Benefit?
Grandparent Child Care Benefit is available to you if you are a grandparent who:
- meets the existing Child Care Benefit eligibility requirements
- receives an income support payment from Department of Human Services or the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- is the primary provider of the ongoing daily care for your grandchild and has the responsibility for the day-to-day decisions about your grandchild's care, welfare and development.
Grandparent Child Care Benefit covers the full cost of the total fee charged for Child Care Benefit eligible hours - up to 50 hours for each child in Child Care Benefit approved care each week.
Where can I get more information?
- Fact Sheet 2 - What is Child Care Benefit (CCB)?
- Fact Sheet 7 - What is the work, training, study test?
- Fact Sheet 11 - Is there extra help I can get with my child care cost?
For further fact sheets, please check the Information for families using child care fact sheet kit.