The Child Care and Early Learning Agenda
The early years are critically important for children, and learning is most effective when it begins at a young age and continues to adulthood. Helping young Australians realise their potential is ultimately an investment in Australia's future and needs to start early.
The Australian Government recognises the critical importance of these early years and is working to create a world-class system of integrated, early learning and care. Australian families need a system that is not only affordable, but ensures people can work flexible hours while knowing that their children are receiving high quality child care and early learning.
The existing child care and early learning initiatives of the Australian Government include the:
- Australian Early Development Index
- Early Learning and Care Centres
- Early Years Learning Framework
- Early Years Workforce Strategy
- Home Interaction Program for Parents and Youngsters
- National Early Childhood Development Strategy
- National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care
- Universal Access to Early Childhood Education