The mychild.gov.au website is Australia's online child care portal. On this website you will find information on different types of child care and how to get assistance with the cost of child care. You can also search a database to find child care centres in your local area. In many cases, you will also be able to find the services' vacancy and fee information.
This site also has information and links to other useful websites about children's health and wellbeing, parenting and family support services.
The Australian Government recognises the critical importance of early years and is working to create a world-class system of integrated, early learning and care. Australian families need a system that is not only affordable, but ensures people can work flexible hours while knowing that their children are receiving high quality child care and early learning.
Further information can be found on the Child Care and Early Learning Agenda page.
Early Learning Languages Australia trial
15 September 2014
Expression of interest (EOI) to participate in the ELLA trial now open
Last chance to have your say on the future of child care
4 September 2014
Minister Ley encourages last minute submissions or comments to the Productivity Commission’s draft report on its Inquiry into Child Care and Early Childhood Learning
Minister Ley welcomes the Productivity Commission consultations draft report on its Inquiry into Child Care and Early Childhood Learning
22 July 2014
Productivity Commission releases draft report
The Australian Early Development Index (AEDI) is now officially known as the Australian Early Development Census (AEDC).
- Information on my child care options
- To find a child care centre in my local area.
- To reduce my child care costs
- To estimate my out-of-pocket child care costs
- Information to promote the health and wellbeing of my child
- Information on support programs for my family
- Information on educational activities for my child
- To read about the Australian Government's child care initiatives
- Information on the National Quality Framework for child care in Australia
A list of other frequently asked questions is available on the FAQ page